Audit Committee Meeting - June 18, 2021
Due to Governor Greg Abbott’s March 13, 2020 proclamation of a state of disaster affecting all counties in Texas due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the Governor’s March 16, 2020 suspension of certain provisions of the Texas Open Meetings Act, the June 18, 2021 meeting of the Finance Commission of Texas will be held via webinar/telephonic conference call, as authorized under Texas Government Code section 551.125.
Members of the public who would like to participate in this meeting will need to register for the Audit Committee and Finance Commission Meeting. The agenda is available below, and a copy of the meeting materials will be available on June 10, 2021 on the Finance Commission website. To access the recording visit the meeting material and packets section of the website after June 18, 2021.
Public comment on any agenda item or issue under the jurisdiction of the Finance Commission agencies is allowed. Finance Commission members who are not members of the Audit Committee may be present at this committee meeting creating a quorum of the Finance Commission.
- Review and Approval of the Minutes of the April 16, 2021 Audit Committee Meeting
- Review of Agencies’ Activities
- Office of Consumer Credit Commissioner
- Texas Department of Banking
- Department of Savings and Mortgage Lending
- Discussion of the 2022 Budget Process
- Discussion of and Possible Vote to Recommend that the Finance Commission Take Action to Reapprove the Internal Auditor Contract for Garza/Gonzalez & Associates for Fiscal Year 2022
- Discussion of and Possible Vote to Recommend that the Finance Commission Take Action on the Texas Department of Banking’s 2021 Annual Internal Audit Report as Prepared and Presented by Garza/Gonzalez and Associates
- Report on Activities Relating to the Texas Financial Education Endowment Fund
- Discussion of and Possible Vote to Recommend that the Finance Commission Take Action on the Revised Texas Financial Education Endowment (TFEE) Fund Grant Administration & Advisory Policy Manual and 2022-2023 Funding Priorities
- Discussion of and Possible Vote to Recommend that the Finance Commission Take Action to Approve an Amount for the Upcoming 2022-2023 Grant Cycle for the Texas Financial Education Endowment (TFEE)
- Discussion of and Consultation on Security Audit, Possible Issue Related to Confidential or Sensitive Information, Security Breach Audit and Assessment, or Security Assessments or Deployment Related to Information Resources Technology as Authorized by Tex. Govt. Code Secs. 551.076 and 551.089
Note: The Audit Committee may go into executive session (close its meeting to the public) on any agenda item if appropriate and authorized by the Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.
Meeting Accessibility: Under the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Finance Commission will accommodate special needs. Those requesting auxiliary aids or services should notify the Texas Department of Banking, 2601 North Lamar Boulevard, Austin, Texas 78705, (512) 936-6222, as far in advance of the meeting as possible.